SALKANTAY – MACHU PICCHU 5 DAYS AND 4 NIGHTS
Day 01: Cusco - Mollepata – Soraypampa.
Pick-up from your hotel at 05:00 a.m. Our transport will take us to Mollepata (2,800 masl / 9,186 ft.) After a-3 hour drive, we'll arrive at Mollepata, where we're gonna meet our muleteers and horses, from this place, we'll start our walk, we will have approximately 6 hours through traditional Andean communities as Cruz Challacancha leg and preserving its natural beauty, heading towards Soraypampa. 1st camp.
Day 02: Soraypampa – Chaullay.
After breakfast, we'll begin our trek about 4 hours climbing the highest pass (4,650 masl / 15.255 ft.), we might enjoy the most stunning views of Salkantay (6,272 masl / 20,577 ft.). We'll continue through the spectacular mountains and observe the Humantay Huayanay. We will also see small ponds. After a long descent, we'll arrive at our campsite in Chaullay (2,950 masl / 9,678 ft.) 2nd camp.
Day 03: Chaullay – Beach.
After breakfast, we'll walk to the beach. On the way, we'll enjoy a nice tropical jungle and we could see coffee trees, bananas and other fruits, including some beautiful orchids. A short stop for lunch at Lluscamayu, we’ll continue our trek, reaching our 3rd camp "La Playa/The Beach".
Day 04: "La Playa-Beach" - Santa Teresa - "Hot Waters-Aguas Calientes"
Early in the morning after our breakfast, we will take a local transport to go to Santa Teresa, and then we'll continue walking to Machu Picchu "Hidroeléctrica". Here, we'll have two options to take the train or walk 2 hours to get to Machu Picchu where we're gonna stay in a hotel.
Day 05: "Aguas Calientes" - Machu Picchu – Cusco.
After having breakfast at our hotel, we'll take one of the first buses up to Machu Picchu. In the control point, we'll present our original document and our entrance tickets to Machu Picchu. The tour usually is about 2 hours. Then, you have free time to visit and enjoy Machu Picchu. To go down, we will use the bus to "Aguas Calientes" to catch our train back to Ollantaytambo and then transportation to Cusco.
- Transport to Mollepata (place where the walk begins).
- Train ticket from "Aguas Calientes" to Ollanta and bus to Cusco.
- Camping equipment and kitchen equipment including mats, dining inflatable tents, chairs, tables, kitchen store.
- Hotel in "Aguas Calientes" (no hotel, just ask the agency).
- First aid kit and oxygen.
- Professional guide.
- Cargo horses, muleteer.
- Tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Bus up and down to Machu Picchu.
- Food will be as indicated in the itinerary (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners).
Does Not Include:
- First breakfast.
- Lunch on the last day.
- Sleeping bag.
- Entrance to the hot springs in "Aguas Calientes".
List Of Suggestions:
- Warm clothes.
- Rain jacket & rain poncho.
- Some good walking shoes - also (sandals).
- Sleeping bag (plume).
- Flashlight – Batteries.
- Binoculars (optional).
- Walking stick & protector (optional).
- Extra money.
- Small backpack & rain cover.
- Personal kit (if you have some illness).